Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Resource: Robert E. Howard's Conan

Robert E. Howard is renown for his creation of Conan, A great and powerful Barbarian who is known for his great feats in battle. Robert began his writing with pulp fiction and was first published in Weird Tales.  I had the pleasure of reading one of his man Conan stories that my father has in his personal library. I found the story that I read "The Phoenix on the Sword" to be full of energy. The battle that is depicted is described in such a way that I felt as if I was actually spectating the bloodshed. It has shown me a way to further improve my novel with a more vivid and exciting battles. I Shall read more stories that were Created by Robert in an effort to mimic the energy that he portrays within his stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment