Monday, March 10, 2014

Benchmark

As I have explained before I am currently working towards becoming an author by working on my novel. The progress of my novel can be monitored on my fiction blog which is both accessible here and on the 'My fiction' page link at the top of this blog. 

I began story telling when I was very little beginning with a few comics here and there and my first attempt at a book when I was about ten. I can remember writing my first comic book at about age six, the crudely drawn stick figures and the simplistic storytelling were not much to be remembered, but I do remember the creation of the story. It was rather enjoyable, and it slowly began my journey as a story teller. Then I began telling stories of epic proportions (For a young child at least) to my brother. Twice I was even asked to write short stories as a school assignment, once in second grade and then in fourth grade. Then I began to write what was my first attempt at a book, I didn't go very far I just wrote a few pages and told most of the story orally to a few close friends. After that there were a few more attempts at comics that never went very far, but i never stopped telling stories. It wasn't until my Sophomore year in High school that I actually picked up my pencil and worked the next two years at constructing the first draft at my current novel and proceeded to write about 100 pages by hand, which I still keep in a binder.Then an opportunity struck me to take my writing seriously in the form of the National Novel Writing Month last October. Dr.Preston introduced me to a few classmates who showed me how to access and use the website and I ferociously began writing my book as fast as I could. I was able to write over 20,000 words in just 30 days which showed me that I can write this book. Since then I have reconstructed the first chapter of my book and have begun on the second. I hope to complete a majority of this book by the time I graduate this semester from my senior year of high school.  I will continue to post excerpts and side projects on my fiction blog as I proceed through this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment