Monday, January 13, 2014

The Choice

Angry, depressed, morose, lonely I walked through part of his life in a constant cycle that seemed to beg the question of my own sanity. I was down on his luck and none of my friends could be seen or heard. Yet through all of this misery a switch flipped in my head and I decided to do something about it. The one thing most people my age tend to despise that most, the dreaded high school, was my chance to act. I seized the opportunity of meeting new friends and standing against old disputes. I forged new bonds and reforged those with old friends. Every night a phrase rang in my skull, "Every day you choose how the world sees you, and every day you choose the world you live in." I forced myself to change my life for the better when i could have just layed down and given up. Instead I chose to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment