Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Crossroads Between Should and Must

In life there are two paths, the one others thin you SHOULD take because it will give you a long and prosperous life (At least they think it will), and the life you MUST take to find real joy in life. The problem is that it is hard to choose must over should because it is surrounded in  the darkness of uncertainty. We think that it is better to get a high paying job that drains away our life because we need to pay bills and rent, butin reality that's just a way to survive not a way to live. 

No one ever said that life was going to be easy, but choosing the 'easy' way out only leads to a dead end. In my field of choice it's nearly impossible to write a story so good that you can make your entire living through writing, but I don't have to. I'm not choosing to be a story teller to become rich and prestigious, I'm doing it because that's been my dream  since childhood. I love adventure stories and I don't want to let anything stand in my way. I have a long road ahead of me, as well as a giant mess of trials and tribulation, but to let that squash my dreams is to admit defeat. There is no way in hell I am going to admit defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment