Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on week one

        So far the class has been great and I can't complain. I only hope that the Eagle project I'm working on doesn't get in the way of my homework. It will defiantly take a lot of my time, but it will all be worth while when I finally have my Eagle rank in my hand. This class reminds me of when I had volunteered to be a staff member at National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) in 2012. To be staff I had to learn to take a step out of my comfort zone and give speeches in front of unfamiliar faces. I admit it was hard for me to speak up, but I was able to adapt and help other boy scouts learn leadership skills that they could use in their own troop. Other than that it will be interesting to learn to work with this blog. I usually don't spend time on the internet so I'm hoping that this step will teach me to keep stepping out of my comfort zones and do greater things with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment